So many people are so busy looking after other people or building careers that they forget to look after themselves. But if you don’t look after yourself who will?
Take some time to look after YOU. After all, if you’re feeling great you’ll be better placed to look after others or do a good job.
10 Ideas for Looking after YOU:
1. Have a massage
2. Go to the hairdressers or get a manicure
3. Curl up and read a good book
4. Listen to your favourite CD or watch your favourite film (uninterrupted)
5. Have dinner with a friend
6. Do something silly!
7. Take 15 minutes to think about all the good things in your life and really appreciate them.
8. Go away for the weekend (without the kids)
9. Go for a long walk in the country/by the sea/in the woods/by a river
10. Have a girl’s lunch/watch football or rugby or cricket with the boys
Looking after yourself helps you to increase your positive thoughts. Don’t forget when you’re having a great time to take ‘time out’ to appreciate it and really enjoy it.
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ~ Buddha